Joyful lacrosse in YMT- Yau Tsim Mong District Regional Lacrosse Team
To engage the broader community and identify youth talents, Hong Kong Lacrosse Association has been reaching out to various districts in Hong Kong in the past few years. Yau Tsim Mong District has been one of our main focuses. Taking YTM as a starting point, HKLA is establishing a YTM regional team to select potential youth for focused training. Our association desires to set up regional teams in 18 districts of Hong Kong and develop “All Hong Kong Regional Lacrosse Tournament” in the future.
Purpose:1. Raise the interest of local youth in lacrosse and strengthen their sense of belonging to the district
2. Identify potential players for further training
1. Participants must live in Yau Tsim Mong District; or Attending school in Yau Tsim Mong District
2. Age 9-12 (Born on or before 31 December 2013 and born on or after 1 January 2010) Participants are required to present a supporting document with a personal photo on the selection day to prove their eligibility.
Location: Wah Yan College Kowloon Artificial Grass Football Pitch (56 Waterloo Road)
Date: November 26 (Sat)
Time: 12:30 – 14:00
How to apply: through the online registration system of Hong Kong Lacrosse Association
Application Deadline: November 20 (Sun)
Application Fee: Free
Clothing and Equipment: Players should wear appropriate sportswear (optionally with turfs
or cleats) and bring their own sticks. No protective gear is required.
15-20 players will be selected as the regional team members to participate in regular
trainings. A coronation ceremony for the players of the regional team will be held in the first
quarter of 2023.
1. Player's personal skills and abilities
2. Players' teamwork ability and Lax IQ
3. Players’ discipline, attitude and responsibility
*All paid up fee will be non-refundable upon registration (or application) and payment has been confirmed.*
*All un-selected players will be automatically entered into HPP try-outs without additional try-out fees.*
*All players must have completed their COVID-19 vaccination course to try-out*