Lacrosse Badges Award Scheme
Objectives:To set a testing standard of lacrosse skills and encourage participants to improve with a progressive guidance and continuously train in the sport.
Types of Badges:1. Three levels of badges, namely Bronze, Silver and Gold
2. Content of Tests
|Toss and catch with stick||Toss the ball and catch above the shoulder||Overhand Pass|
|Ball Carrying||Underhand Pass||Dodging|
|Ground Ball||Cradling||Bouncing Loose Ball|
|Shooting||Ground Ball||Shooting on the run down the alley|
|-||Catch and Shoot||-|
3. Rating Standard
Participants must pass the tests of all items in accordance with the skill requirements of the respective levels to obtain the relevant badges.
- All participants must be between 5 to 17 years old.
- All participants must be a HKLA Member*.
- Players can take the test on “HKLA Badge Challenge Day”, or
- Testing will also be done in HKLA beginner course and intermediate course for the course participants
Awards:All participants who meet the required standard for the respective level of badge, will receive a e-certificate issued by Hong Kong Lacrosse Association. A $50 administration fee will be charged if a hard copy certificate is requested by the participant.
Please mail a cheque payable to “Hong Kong Lacrosse Association Limited” to Hong Kong Lacrosse Association (Unit B, 16/F, North Point Industrial Building, No.499 King’s Road, Hong Kong). Please kindly put down the name of the participants and “Badges Award Certificate” on the back of the cheque.
- All participants must start from the Bronze Badge test. Only after attaining the Bronze Badge, the participant is eligible to attend the Silver Badge test.
- Only after attaining the Silver Badge, the participant is eligible to attend the Gold Badge test.
- Hong Kong Lacrosse Association will organise ‘HKLA Badge Challenge Day’ periodically for participants to attend. Please stay tuned with the Hong Kong Lacrosse Association Information.
- Only participants under the age of 12 can choose to use black soft ball. Other participants must use a standard lacrosse game ball.
- Only participants under the age of 12 can choose to use a mini stick (stick length from 80cm to 90cm). Otherwise, participants must use a world lacrosse standard stick (including men’s stick (short stick or long stick), women’s stick, and goalie stick)
Details for the test – Click HERE
Badge Challenge Day Sign UpBronze